Gold still tops the position of the best investment option, especially during times of uncertainty. If you look to invest in gold in its physical form, there is no better choice than gold bars.
However, buying gold bars randomly from any store does not serve the purpose. This article covers details of where to buy genuine gold bars at great prices.
Choose your gold wisely
Stamping and hallmarks should be looked for when buying gold bars. These indicate that the gold bar is reputed. You may be getting gold bars at great prices, but there are high chances that the metal in your hand is either not pure or of low quality if it is without a hallmark or a stamp.
Stamping defines the purity, weight, details of the refiner, and the registration number of the gold bar.
Hallmark indicates the brand that minted the gold bar. A reputed hallmark means that a well-known manufacturer or refiner made the gold bar and is of high quality.
Now that you understand how to recognize a pure gold bar from a fake one, you can narrow your choice on where to buy the gold bars from.
Where to buy gold bars from?
A trustworthy brand will offer sound knowledge, steering you towards the best products that suit your needs.
Here is how to narrow down the dealers.
- Check the dealers’ experience and see if they have repeated customers. Online reviews are the best way to find out if the dealer is genuine.
- Buying gold bars online is a great way to save money. But before you take the plunge, you can check the website to see if it is educational or focused on sales. If the company is promoting only their expensive products steering you from bars to coins, which come with a huge making charge, then move ahead. Trust your gut, and if a particular brand does not feel right, it is best to look elsewhere.
- Large gold bar dealers work with huge volumes and offer better flexibility in terms of price. You can also compare the prices at several stores before buying.
- Gold bars are an investment, and sometimes you may want to sell them back in the future. Check to see if the dealer offers a buyback policy. Reputed dealers will buy the gold back from you at an excellent resale price. However, if the buyback is not an option, this may not be the best dealer.
- It is always cheaper to buy gold bars from an online store than a brick-and-mortar store. Now that you have listed some trustworthy dealers, you can go ahead and shop from their online store.
Online gold bar purchases are economical
Finding gold bars at great prices can be easy if you choose the right store for your purchase. Online gold bar purchase is easy and quick and lets you lock the price at the precise time you make the purchase. With lesser overheads to run an online store, the price benefits are passed down to you. Even if you include the shipping costs, online dealers work out to be cheaper than offline stores.